Design speaker CL-01: RUPRECHT
The big brother of our small speaker series CL-02 and CL 03. This 55kg concrete design speaker has its roots in PA systems and utilises a finely tuned 10” woofer with a coaxial aligned 1” horn driver that ties on the higher frequencies seamlessly. The duo makes an astonishingly dynamic and yet high fidelity impression. The concrete body contains the coaxial drivers and combines them with well-matched crossover components. The point source creates great spatial depiction and when paired with the dynamics and enormous power, results in these speakers being a very special system. They allow listening to concerts or films in real life volume.
A rigid speaker box that does not vibrate is ideal, concrete is a perfect material for that and in fact gives a great advantage. A speaker box should only reproduce sound given by its source and it should only be the speaker components’ membrane that vibrates.
As it is sourced from close to a single point, LAUTBRECHER speakers allow for perfect spatial depiction.
Design speaker setup
The concrete design speaker can be used for both a capturing music experience in stereo mode (two speakers) as well as for vivid sound landscapes in home theatre applications (five or more speakers). The speakers are compatible with any common audio amplifier.
- Frequency range (-6dB): 45-20.000Hz
- Power handling: 100W RMS, 160W Music
- Impedance: 8Ω
- Sound pressure (2,83V/1m): 92dB
- Dimensions: (HxWxD): 95 x 40 x 40cm
- Speaker weight: each 55kg
- Trestle weight: each 12kg
Additionally to the design speaker:
Despite its size, the recommended digital amplifier from Pro-Ject when combined with our speakers performs very well, providing a lot of power and excellent sound quality. It offers nearly all possible input variations where a total number of nine different sound sources can be connected, including a phono pre-amp for a vinyl player as well as Bluetooth. The small unit even contains a USB socket to connect with its inbuilt sound card so that high-resolution media can be played directly from a PC, such as FLAC.
Its input channels and volume can also be selected remotely, and when the volume is increased via the remote control, the knob on the high-end amplifier, which is motor driven, turns automatically.
Stereo High-End Amplifier
High-quality phono MM preamp
3 analogue line level inputs
XMOS asynchronous USB 24bit/192kHz input for computer audio
Digital coax input
2 Toslink inputs
Wireless Bluetooth streaming (aptX capable) input with dedicated antenna
- 2x 25W / 37W @ 8 / 4 Ohms
- 2 ohms drive capability
- Dual mono design principle
- Inputs: 3x stereo line, 1x phono (RCA), 1x Bluetooth (aptX), 2x dig opt, 1x dig coax, 1x USB
- XMOS asynchronous USB 24bit/192kHz
- 24bit/192kHz D/A converter
- 4th generation Bluetooth with aptX capability & antenna
- Phono input with MM capability
- Volume control with motor driven potentiometer
- Headphone output
- Variable output for subwoofer or second zone amp
- IR remote included
- Full metal casing, silver or black faceplate
- Dimensions: (HxWxD): 20,6 x 3,6 x 20cm